It’s always dangerous to mess about with electronics if you don’t know what your doing. The dangerous part isn’t so much hurting yourself when you’re fixing it but blowing your laptop up when you try to charge it.
Unplug it from the wall first!
The danger with the charger is that it can store some of the charge even when unplugged, so before you do any work on it, you should ground all the circuits. If you don’t fully understand what I mean you should probably stay away. However, if everything is unplugged you’ll probably get a small shock at worst, and you’re very unlikely to be seriously injured.
In any case, always have someone with you when you do potentially dangerous things – never try it alone.
Probably. As long as the charger isn’t plugged in, and hasn’t been plugged in for a while (so that it’s all discharged inside), when you work on it then you shouldn’t be in any great danger of being electrocuted. The bigger problem is that unless you fix the charger perfectly you could very easily destroy your laptop.
When I was a kid I used to take stuff apart to find out how it worked and to try to fix it… I was electrocuted several times and it always really really hurt.
In order to be a responsible adult though I have to tell you that you shouldn’t go taking the charger apart as you might hurt or even kill yourself. You’ve been warned!
Probably! If you don’t have the charger pluged in it’s probably pretty safe to take it apart. but unless you really know what you’re doing you might make a mistake when you’re trying to fix it which could end up electrocuting you or destroying your laptop.